(Great paired with the Casamatta, Sangria or Tempranillo!)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 large lime – juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup Ka-Me fish sauce
- Mix all ingredients together – place 1/2 mixture into a zip lock bag, reserving the other half for later in the recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb Skirt Steak
- 1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 T. Black Sesame Seeds
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced on angle
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1 very thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
Cut into manageable size pieces that will fit into Ziploc bag but not too small to grill. Place meat into the Ziploc bag with marinade. Marinade in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours turning every 15 minutes to coat.
Combine vegetables, seeds, and mint together, place in the refrigerator. Grill Skirt Steak on hot grill until desired doneness (remember putting on greens, so may not want on the rare side). Remove from grill, and place on cutting board, slice very thin across the grain.
To make salad: Place vegetable mixture on platter, top with cooked steak, use reserved marinated as dressing and sprinkle with chopped cilantro is desired.